If you’ve used the Plugin Template Generator then you also have this workflow in your repository. This workflow is triggered when you create a release in Github and generates the necessary asset files that for your end-user. You can find more information on this workflow here.
How to create a release?
You’ll find the releases on the main page of your Github repositories in the right sidebar.
When you click the title “Releases” it’ll take you to a release overview page, in which you’ll be able to “Draft a new release”.
- Click the “Draft a new releas” button in the top right.
- Click choose a tag, enter “0.1” or “1.0” or something similar.
- Click the “+ Create new tag..” option in the same dropdown.
- Enter a name for this release in the Release title field.
- Optionally add a description.
- And finally click the “Publish release” button
After following these steps, the workflow will start. You can view the progress of this workflow by clicking the “Actions tab” in the top.
When the workflow is finished, you’re all set! You will then see that an extra ZIP file is added to your latest release.